Current Prayer Needs
- Praise God for His faithfulness to House of Hope over 50 years of ministry. He has always and continues to meet our every need.
- Pray that our work will glorify God.
- Pray for clarity, peace and wisdom as our staff and board members daily make decisions that affect the lives of the vulnerable of our society.
- Pray for the ones who live in our house–that God would keep them safe and healthy and that they would know God’s presence with them.
- Pray for the house to be filled with God’s peace. Our heart is that anyone who walks through our doors would sense the presence of God.
- Pray that House of Hope will be a shining light in the community.
- Give thanks to God on our behalf for generous supporters over the years.
- Pray that God would continue to encourage us and provide for us through the generosity of people like you!
Miss Violet's Testimony
I first came to House of Hope in the late 1970’s as a student myself. I lived here among a number of other ladies who were also blind. After I graduated, I went to Bethlehem University to get a degree in education so that I could teach at House of Hope.
After the intifada, many of the students I was teaching had to return to their homes in places like Gaza and Nablus. It was too difficult for them to come to House of Hope after that because of checkpoints and road closures. I began to teach some of the other blind children who also have intellectual disabilities. I teach them basic things like counting, fruit and vegetables, shapes and sizes, manners, and many other simple things that help them.
House of Hope is my home. I have lived here many years. I really hurt about this home and pray that the Lord will intervene to meet our needs. Many people get help here…especially the blind people. The lady who started House of Hope was blind herself and she really wanted to help the blind and have a home for them. We pray that the Lord will continue to bless us here and give wisdom to the people in charge that the Lord can do His will in this place.
Please support us with your prayers. But we also need your financial support. There are so many things we need to help the blind here—braille machines, computers, Many of our residents come from very poor homes and some from homes with more than one child with disabilities.
I live here. It’s my home. It’s on my heart. I always pray for House of Hope… that God’s will is always done here and we can help many people in our community to know God and to get the help they need for their lives.
God is faithful. He has been faithful through the years and I believe He will continue to bless us all. I know He is able!
The work of House of Hope is only possible through the generosity of people like you. When you give, you serve alongside us, and God will use your investment to help minister to people in the name of Jesus.